You may be wondering what is a “Trunk Show” – Trunk Shows are quite simply your chance to see a designer’s larger collection at your boutique.
Bridal boutiques will have a curated selection of wedding dresses from each of their designers. This selection will usually include dresses the boutique think will be the most loved by their brides.
A trunk show gives you the opportunity to view and try on the wedding dresses that would not usually be available in the boutique.
Our top tips to make the most of a Trunk Show:
- Start looking for dresses at least 1 year before your wedding – once ordered dresses can take between 6 -9 months to arrive in the boutique.
- Bridal boutiques and the Designers will promote their trunk shows – Look out for details on Facebook and Instagram to book your appointment.
- Most boutiques will offer a discount on dresses ordered at a Trunk Show, so be prepared to order on the day to take advantage of the discount.
- Bring the person whose opinion you value the most to help you make your decision.
- Some Trunk Shows can include appointments with the designer themselves or their stylists.
- Appointments are required for the Trunk Show so book in plenty of time ahead.
After a Trunk Show the wedding dresses are packed up and sent off to their next location, meaning that it is unlikely you will be able to see the dress again – unless it’s one from the boutiques own collection. So if you have fallen in love with a particular wedding dress this is the perfect time to try it on, fall in love, and order the dress of your dreams.
To keep up to date with any upcoming trunk show follow our Facebook page.